The Master Data Specialist, as part of the Data Integrity Team, plays a critical role in the process to gather, input, clean and validate master data. Moreover, ensure accuracy of product information for websites, e-commerce, GS1, and SAP throughout the product lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to work with other IT team members to solve issues regarding the master data while being responsible for input and maintenance of the GS1 Canada database, updating procedures and sharing the knowledge with your peers.
- Collect data from all parts of the business and integrate it within a centralized document library
- Processes requests to add or alter data elements pertaining to items, suppliers, customers, vendors and / or pricing, etc. in SAP
- Input new product information in GS1 Canada databases
- Responsible for manual data entry
- Validate consistency and accuracy of data outputs in all databases
- Manage the availability and discontinuation of products in GS1 by comparing data records against the SAP material master records
- Ensure data, images, and e-commerce certification is kept current
- Coordinate product sampling with Operations (warehouse) to validate product dimensions and weight data
- Measure and weigh product containers and Stewardship data to determine accuracy of data in the GS1 and SAP databases
- Work in close collaboration with internal and external business partners (Marketing, Sales, Information Technology, Purchasing, Pack-All, Warehouse, Finance, Vendors, and Customers)
- Provide extracts of data to the Marketing and Sales teams, as needed
- Maintains and audits data files in terms of integrity in SAP, Vistex and other related systems.
- Recommends corrective actions or enhancements to improve data integrity.
- Knowledge of CPG and GS1 Canada an asset College in Business Administration or the equivalent
- College in Business Administration or the equivalent
- Master Data Management (MDM) certification or training an asset
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES & APTITUDES
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar role
- Experience with GS1 Canada, SAP ECC / S4 Hana or a similar ERP for maintaining master data
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred
- Strong communication, verbally and written
- Detail oriented & organized
- Confident & hands-on
- Bilingual, French & English